Become a volunteer at the Uppsala festival
- Kulturernas Karneval, KulturAlla
Do you want to make the world a happier place and spread some color and joy in Uppsala town?
Then become a volunteer at the Uppsala festival and carnival; Kulturernas Karneval 26-27 May!
Kulturernas Karneveal (Carnival of Cultures in English) is one of the biggest cultural events in town. As a volunteer you can make a significant and appreciated contribution to the local cultural life of Uppsala. It is both an exciting and rewarding mission to be a volunteer at Kulturernas Karneval, You will meet a loads of new people and for sure make memories that will last a lifetime!
We will tailor your volunteer mission according to your time, availability and competence. The carnival takes place between the 20-21th of May, Volunteers shifts are available between 18-22th of May.
What is “Kulturernas Karneval”?
Carnival of Cultures celebrates the cultural diversity; it is a festival where people come together around different forms of cultural expressions that coexist in the community. Thanks for your contribution!
As a volunteer in Kulturernas Karneval:
- You volunteer at least one shift of 4 hours before, during or after the carnival.
- For every shift you work you get a meal and all the "fika" you want.
- If you work at least 3 shifts (12 hours) you can ask for a volunteer certificate.
- You get concrete instructions for what you are supposed to do, and information about who your team leaders are.
- Your ideas and points of view are taken into account to further develop and improve the volunteer work at the festival.
- If communicated and accepted on beforehand you get back the expenses you made to complete your volunteer work, such as travels.
- You get invited to a party organized specially for volunteers.
- You get to meet lots of new people and create happy memories that will last a lifetime!